1. 2012 Country Hoedown Fall Dinner Dance, Westin Hotel @ $150/person, deadline for reservations is November 2nd
A personalized Web site for National Capital Heavy Construction Association occurring (November 9, 2012 November 11, 2012) has been created for our Association. Guests can access the site to learn more about the event and to book, modify, or cancel a reservation from September 12, 2012 to October 10, 2012.
Below you will find the appropriate link(s) for your participants to access the site:
To obtain access to real time reporting 24/7, or to enter your own rooming lists & obtain immediate confirmation numbers, simply enter the password (BBBFF) in “Event Planner Login” link on your personalized website or at:
For further information regarding the Fall Dinner Dance or sponsorship opportunities, please contact; Stephen Turner at 613.229.7418, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Alison Hogan at 613.821.5940, email@example.com
2.The 2013 draft operating and capital budget will be tabled with Council on October 24. Once again, the National Capital Heavy Construction Association will be participating in public consultations concerning this year’s budget. Member companies are encouraged to come out and participate in budget meetings to show their support for increased expenditure on infrastructure investment, particularly infrastructure renewal.
The City will host four bilingual multi-ward budget consultations.
South/Rural South Monday, October 29
7 to 9 pm
Nepean Sportsplex, Hall A
1701 Woodroffe Avenue, Nepean
East/Rural East Tuesday, October 30
7 to 9 pm
Shenkman Arts Centre, Richcraft Theatre
245 Centrum Boulevard, Orléans
Central District Thursday, November 1
4 to 6 pm
City Hall, Andrew S. Haydon Hall
110 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa
West/Rural West Wednesday, November 7
7 to 9 pm
John G. Mlacak Community Centre, Halls C & D
2500 Campeau Drive, Kanata
In addition, the following key committee consultation meetings are scheduled:
Finance and Economic Development
Community and Protective Services
Agriculture and Rural Affairs
Council will consider for approval 2013 budget recommendations received from all Committees of Council and relevant Boards at its regularly scheduled November 28 City Council meeting.
The budget for services supported by the water/sewer rate will be tabled at a special Environment Committee meeting in January 2013
3. We are looking for feedback on Bring your Child to Work Day being held in November for all Grade 9 students. We are wondering if your company is planning on having alot of grade 9 students and whether the association should be organizing something as a group. Please let us know what your thoughts are by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. City of Ottawa Lobbyist Registry Comes into Effect September 1, 2012. As of September 1, 2012, anyone lobbying City Council or City Staff is required to register with the Lobbyist Registry and disclose lobbying activities by identifying the subject matter, who they are lobbying for, the individual they lobbied, the method of communication and the date.
The Registry focuses on those individuals representing a financial or business interest, as well as trade unions and labour associations. It includes not just paid and voluntary unpaid lobbyists, but also anyone who is an employee, partner or sole proprietor and who lobbies on behalf of their own employer, business or organization.
While the National Capital Heavy Construction Association supports the transparency aspects of the Lobbyist Registry, we as an association want to ensure that any members approaching the city, on behalf of the NCHCA register any lobbying activities.
The association is currently working on a backgrounder that will be sent to all members concerning the registry. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact Dale Harley, NCHCA Executive Advisor at 613-882-5684 or email@example.com
The Ottawa Business Journal has also covered the lobby register. The link for their article is http://www.obj.ca/Local/City-Hall/2012-08-31/article-3065064/City-lobbyist-registry-set-to-launch/1
5. Greater Ottawa Truck Training is now offering Scholarship opporunites to all individuals no matter what their educational or professional background. You or someone you know may be awarded the 8-week AZ training course or one of three Heavy Equipment Certification courses. Check out our website for Scholarship criteria and application. www.2gott.com
6. President’s cup was held at the Marsh’s Golf Course on September 19th.
7. Please see the OCA website for their list of fall training course @ http://www.oca.ca/training/ AND the following link for the registration form for the Construction WSIB & Safety Forum on October 18th being held at the Hampton Inn, http://www.oca.ca/docs/notices/Safety%20WSIB%20Forum.pdf