1. NCHCA is exploring the idea of offering a central job posting capablity on our website for members’ use. Please let the Association office know whether you think this service would be of any benefit to you and your company by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
2. We are looking for feedback on Bring your Child to Work Day being held in November for all Grade 9 students. We are wondering if your company is planning on having alot of grade 9 students and whether the association should be organizing something as a group. Please let us know what your thoughts are by emailing them to email@example.com.
3. Our 2012 Manhole Open is being held on Tuesday, August 14th, at the GreyHawk Golf Course on 4999 Boundary Road. A BBQ lunch will be served from 11 am to 12 pm, then proceeded by a shotgun start at noon. Please ensure registerations are made on-line shortly as this tournament is filling up quickly. Sponsorships are also still available on-line. For further information on sponsorships, please contact either Tim Maisonneuve @ 613.744.8889 or Ken Mc Intyre @ 613.543.2978. The Bursary Award presentations will be made during our Manhole Open dinner.
4. CCTA Co-chair: The Canadian Technical Assphalt Association is looking for Conference Co-Chair from our industry. Ideally the person would be a high level manager (or even an owner) of a local asphalt supplier or paving contractor and they would commit additional staff resources toward the conference organization. Anyone interest in this position is asked to contact Stephen Goodman at 613.293.9224.
5. The City Liaison meeting was cancelled for July. If any members would like to submit agenda items for the August 17 meeting, please forward them to the Association office.
6. Educational Sessions for Winter 2013: The NCHCA is currently planning some educational sessions for the Winter on 2013. Please forward any potential topics to the Association office.
7. Lobbyist Register: The revised City of Ottawa Lobbyist Register guidelines were tabled at Committee on July 6 and to Council on July 11. These guidelines are to become effective September, 2012. A summary of what these guildelines mean will be provided by D. Harley.
8. College of Trades: A letter was prepared for Glen Murray, Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities. It was cc’d to the Premier and B. Chiarelli. It was recommended that we join the Ontario Construction Employers Coalition campaign and that we co-ordinate our efforts with them.
9. Contract Administration SubCommittee: Please submit your “Top 3 Ideas/Compliants” to Perry Crozier @ firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can bring them forward to the City.
10. A delegation from the NCHCA met with Brent Fleury of Bell Canada Wednesday July 11th to discuss our concerns with regard to the protocol for damages to Bell Canada infrastructure. We feel Mr. Fleury has heard our concerns. We will be receiving information to share with our membership. Bell Canada has requested a soft copy of our membership list, this is currently under consideration. Please provide any concerns/feedback to the Association office.
11. The NCHCA By-Laws are currently being reviewed and updated by Kevin Easey, Carlo Taverna, Marty White, Deborah Mohr-Caldwell.
12. There will be a full review of the Specifications in 2013
13. OSWCA: The 2013 OSWCA AGM and Conference meeting will be held in Ottawa.
14. Calendar of our 2012 Events:
Fall Dinner Dance
The NCHCA website, www.nchca.ca, is a primary communications tool to our members and the public in general. Below we highlight several key features so as to ensure our members realize all that is at their fingertips:
Each NCHCA member has access to a secured area of the site within which they can view information not otherwise published to the public; maintain their account profiles including that which displays in the business directory, obtain electronic copies of financial transactions (i.e. invoice), and access the e-commerce module for membership renewals, event registration, sponsorships, or buy merchandise.
Members that participate in sponsorship programs at pre-established levels are entitled to web advertising. Outside of sponsorship program participation, members can purchase advertising space through e-commerce.
There is much activity within the web site in the form of new, or otherwise revised, information. So as to avoid having members hunt for important information and to bring updates to their attention, we use a special area on the home page to emphasize things we want you to be aware of.